Community Redevelopment Agency
The Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) discussion was lively, lengthy and focused on a central question:
How do we make sure, as best as we can, that we get [architecturally beautiful buildings]?– Commissioner Cliff Merz
The city staff will develop design specifications which will be presented to the Commission at the May 20th meeting. Residents who would like to weigh in can contact their elected officials or attend the Commission meeting on May 20th.
The Kiwanis Club of Safety Harbor was presented with a proclamation honoring many decades of service to the Safety Harbor community. Members of the Kiwanis Club then presented the city with a check for $5000 for the Park.
Whit Blanton, Executive Director of Forward Pinellas, gave a presentation about the 2045 Advantage Pinellas Plan, a long-range transportation plan for Pinellas County. Of note: Blanton stated that housing and transportation costs comprise 68% of the average household budget in Safety Harbor.
The Commission approved all Consent Agenda items unanimously:
- April 15, 2019 Commission minutes
- Purchase of telecommunications equipment for two new Fire Department vehicles
- Contract with Rowland, Inc. for Woodcreek North underdrain replacement project
The following new business items were passed, each with a vote of 5-0:
- A code enforcement lien reduction request for 2175 Philippe Parkway
- A professional services contract with Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc. for building official services
- Appointment of Nadina Orozco to a two-year term on the Audit Committee
The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) Governing Board is comprised of elected officials from around Pinellas County. There was no recommendation for a Safety Harbor official to serve at this time.
Due to time constraints, the 2019 Goal discussion will be rescheduled.